Tuesday, July 23, 2013

IDBF Worlds, Szeged, Hungary: Day 1


IDBF Worlds, Szeged, Hungary:  Day 1
by Jill Metz

The four of us arrived in Hungary safely and have settled in with our respective teams.  Szeged is a quaint and small university town located about 100 miles south of Budapest on the River Tisza. It's been fun walking around the town in the few spare moments we've had outside of our paddling responsibilities.
Today I was able to meet up with Lisa, Carol and James at the practice venue where we all had our first practices at the race site.  It is referred to as the "Olympic Centre" and is a very straight and long course.  Tomorrow (Tuesday) is another day of practice followed by the opening ceremonies tomorrow evening.  The first day of competition is Wednesday -- the 2,000 meters.  Word has it there will only be one turn which is somewhat unusual for a 2k, in my experience.  I Love the 2k and can't wait!  I'm so proud to be representing Wasabi Paddling Club and the USA, especially at this level of competition.   I hope to provide some results on my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment